Lost In Space: Zero Gravity Core Features:
- Endless gameplay and fun! Drift through the empty void of space and try to see how long you can survive.
- Awesome stat tracking! See how many coins you’ve collected, how far you’ve traveled and more cool stats.
- Leaderboards! You can have a game that tracks stats and not have leaderboards, right? Game Center support built into the game on launch!
Why I Created This Game:I created Lost In Space: Zero Gravity in the summer of 2014 for a few reasons. The main reason I created the game though was to almost completely develop and design a game all by myself, and ship it. While I didn’t entirely create everything, such as the art and music which I licensed, I did do all of the code, and core design work for the game. The game was also created for another reason. That reason was so I can learn more about the iOS App Store, how many people download free games, and how the mobile advertisement market works. The game is free, but does feature advertisements. I’m highly interested in seeing how it turns out and performs, as the business side of games is something I’m highly interested in learning about.
Planned Updates, Incoming Fixes & Known Bugs:So, before I launched, I realized there were a few bugs, and some of my early access players let me know about em… So far I currently know about:
- Collected coins is not tracking right. It only adds one coin collected each match. I looked at the code and it will be fixed in an update coming soon.
- UI isn’t 100% responsive. I’ve noticed this and will be implementing a brand new GUI system in the next update.
- Fix the bugs listed above (obviously!)
- Add a new powerup! A double score powerup will be coming in the next update. Get even higher scores! If you have more powerup ideas, please tweet me or email me!
- Revamped UI and buttons. As mentioned above, it’ll be much, much, much better.
- Adjusted advertisement serve frequency. Honestly, it’s a little too frequent now. I’ll be toying with it.
- A few more stats and leaderboards. If you have more stat ideas, you can tweet me or email me!
- Screen dimming… yes, you screen will dim after a while if using the accelerometer as a control, especially if you’re doing good.
- Minor bug fixes for whatever else comes up. Already have a few small backend fixes lined up! 🙂