Halo InfiniteXbox kicked off their conference by running a teaser trailer that announced a new game in one of my favorite game franchises ever, Halo Infinite. While there’s very little information that was actually revealed, 343 Industries showed enough to excite the old school Halo fans. Master Chief is back and seems to be the center of the game, the art style resembles Halo 3 (which hits just right for me), and this game is going to be a lot more open. I’ll probably leave it here with this one as I have so many thoughts kicking around, I could probably dedicate an entire blog post to it. Maybe I will do that.
Cyberpunk 2077Just as Xbox opened the show with a huge surprise, they also closed it with a classic “one more thing.” That thing was Cyberpunk 2077. This game was revealed what feels like forever ago. It was before the Xbox One and PS4 were even released. It was easy to speculate that whatever this game would be would be a “next gen” title (for Xbox One and PS4), but after its showing at E3 this year, it’s easy to assume this’ll be something coming out for the generation of consoles coming next. Whenever it does end up coming out, from what I gathered out of this latest trailer and all of the impressions from the behind closed doors demos, I can’t wait.
Fallout 76Just before E3, Bethesda held a mysterious live stream that ultimately ended up being a reveal for the next Fallout game, Fallout 76. I knew when Bethesda started building hype and excitement during the reveal time that this wasn’t going to be a port of Fallout to the Switch, or something minor along those lines. At Bethesda’s E3 showcase, they came out strong. Fallout 76 looks like a really fun and exciting twist on how a Fallout game is exactly played. Everything about a shared online work (kinda Destiny / Ark style) in the Fallout universe has me excited. Granted, I still need to finish Fallout 4. I’m working on it, I promise.
Honorable MentionsI could probably go on and on about the games at E3 I’m excited about, but Halo Infinite, Cyberpunk 2077, and Fallout 76 are by far my top three favorites. Because there’s so many more cool things revealed this year, I figured I’d bullet point the rest that caught my eye and have my attention between now and their release:
- Spider-Man (PS4) – Of course, this game had to make the list, and it definitely deserves to be the first one I mention. This game looks BEAUTIFUL. Seriously. I can’t wait.
- Devil May Cry 5 – Did you hear the soundtrack in that trailer? I’ve never seen or played a DMC game before, but the music in that trailer alone has me very excited to give it a shot.
- All of the Gears of War – Gears is another franchise I love. I’m slow to catching up, but I’m psyched to see it getting more and more love. Gears 5, Tactics, and the mobile game will be very fun.
- Forza Horizon 4 – This almost made the top three. I love Forza, especially the Horizon series. It’s so open, free, and relaxing to play. That being said, racing games just rarely get that much attention from me, so I’m throwing it down here. It’ll still be a day one purchase from me.
- Super Mario Party – Yes! Yes! Yes! I love this. I’ve played just about every single Mario Party that has ever come out and I’m a huge fan. It was one of the few games I’ve ever played with my parents, so the franchise is very special to me. This game looks like it’s returning to its roots and what made it a great game. I need this game now.